- First, If possible, remove out the existing register or grille.
- Correct register or grille sizing is achieved by measuring the actual opening in the floor, wall or ceiling.
- The width is always expressed first, followed by the length.
- If the rough opening measures 4 inches wide by 10 inches length, the correct size piece to order would be a 4″x 10″. floor register.
- The actual register or grille’s interior dimensions will be slightly smaller, so the piece’s frame and damper assembly fit into the recessed opening. Most floor register dampers will drop into the hole about 1 inch or so, so make sure you have enough clearance in your duct work for this.
- The actual register or grille’s outer dimensions, or face plate ,will be larger. This will ensure the flange will fit flush on the finished surface and will completely cover the rough opening. Floor registers mostly have air coming out of it ( cold air or warm air) and will have a damper at back to control the airflow. The damper would drop into the hole/opening in your floor, and have a movable plate for regulating the airflow.
- Mostly Grill outer face plate will house the various countersunk screw holes to securely attach the grille to the wall with matching screws.
- If you are unable to remove the existing register or grille, you will need to measure the outside of the existing piece. If this is the case, call us for assistance.
- Floor-registers and Grills can custom create registers and grill to fit any size opening. just let us know the opening size and we’ll take it from there.
- DO NOT MEASURE THE FACE PLATE OF THE EXISTING REGISTER!
How to remove and re-fix Steel dampers from back of Floor Registers
Please follow the instructions given below:
You may require to clean the floor register or want to re-paint them. This is easy way to remove and fix it back. The steel dampers at back are removable and can be removed just using screw driver, as shown.
For more details please contact us.